How to keep your warehouse safe? A warehouse is by its very nature a risky place. Large items, moving vehicles, heavy machinery and people walking about are the ingredients for a potential catastrophe. But there are a number of things you can do to minimize the risk of injury and damage. Some of them are specific to a warehouse environment and others are more applicable to the workplace in general.
Maintaining a Safe Warehouse
There are some basic safety practises that can make employees less prone to fatigue. Learn how to keep your warehouse safe:
– Keep the employees hydrated. Let them have easy and regular access to water
– Have standard footwear that makes employees less prone to foot cramps
– Have your employees wear eye glasses if it is necessary for the job
– Wear gloves if necessary. The type of gloves to be worn depends on the nature of the work.
– Also, have the employees trained in the safety procedures. It will take some time, but this is important to prevent costly accidents later on.
It is also important to prevent warehouse hazards by having proper safety infrastructure in place. This includes guard rails, proper lighting, properly stacked materials, extension cords and outlets, clean spaces and good ventilation.
Let’s talk Warehouse Safety. Our virtual forklift training solutions will help to keep your warehouse safe! Contact us for a demo of our forklift training solutions and to experience our forklift simulator.