Basic Training Suite Release Notes 4/23/2018 – v188.8.131.522
Basic Training Suite
software update as of 4/23/2018
- RTO (Our tray application) now allows you to register your computer as a simulator. Right click the icon and click open. Once open go to edit license. Clicking activate will activate your computer as a simulator that will be visible in Command Post for connecting.
- First two lessons (Press ‘T’)
- Lessons will have voice-over instruction
- Lesson 101 is a forklift familiarization course
- Lesson 102 teaches the user basic controls of driving in forward and reverse
- End session – User config keymap. Defaults to ‘E’ key.
- End session and reset timer
- Sends event log file email
- Doesn’t reset anything at this time.
- Toggle electric truck mode – User config keymap. Defaults to ‘F’ key
- Disable inching pedal
- Remove neutral free-rev
- Removed throttle adjustable fork lift rate
- Increased the closed throttle decal to simulate regenerative braking
- Adjustable parameters that will be available to end-user in a future update
- Working headlights and brake lights
- Highlight forklift controls when activated.
- Additional training interfaces for initial instruction and orientation
- Training mode – user config keymap. Defaults to ‘F5’.
- Toggle the instructional layers to help new operators learn about all the controls on the forklift.
- Driver display can now be turned-off
- Digital dash display for speed and gear selector. (known issue when seatbelt is engaged that changes display)
- Pedals move when pressed
- KPI improper fork height. This parameter is adjustable, but not yet exposed to end-user
- Camera-view – user config keymap. Defaults to ‘F5’
- Beta version of the ‘Blake’ added. The Blake is an algorithm that addresses field of view and lack of eye-tracking with VR headsets
- Helps drivers who primarily drive their forklift in reverse to see what they expect to see when looking behind them.
- Reduces the amount of driver strain to look behind them
- Configurable (not yet exposed to user)
- Auto-detects VR headset and disables for non-VR operation
- Current version now appears in Basic training suite
- Pallet handling and sensitivity of boxes on pallet
- Data collection layer.
- Modularized to allow forklift and/or attachment swapping
- Central telemetry gateway gathers all data to send to on-screen notifications or to the event log files
- Segregated force feedback from events. Now more control over the level of force feedback
- VR calibration tool
- Initial auto-calibrate will occur when first putting on HMD
- All adjustments via forklift controls
- All settings saved locally for all users
- Restore default option added
- Auto-detects presence of VR headset and will disable calibration mode automatically
- Performance reduction algorithm now adjusts for non-VR usage.
- Initial monitor view will be 3rd person view when starting or when the VR headset isn’t being worn
- This prevents screen freeze when the VR headset isn’t being worn
- Provides transitioned loading when operator first puts on headset after startup
- Reduced notification message length for better display on monitor and driver display
- Event messages will now disappear after 5 seconds
- Fixed jittery telemetry display
- Improved load time and added proper initialization checks to all modules
- All events now log based on session time and not actual time.